Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chicken & Broccoli Casserole


So, I know it has been a couple weeks since I make something from the cookbook.  I guess the whole peanut butter pie thing got me down a little and lost some motivation. Well... I'm back.  The other night I made the Chicken & Broccoli Casserole (Page 150).  It was pretty easy to make. Cook your chicken, then put all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes. 
I would guess that this is not a heart healthy dish, since it called for a cup of mayonnaise.  I think next time I could cut that in half and still be fine.  The rest of the ingredients are 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, lemon juice, broccoli and croutons. I know some people don't like broccoli much, but I am a big fan. You should probably make it with chopped up broccoli, but the stuff I bought wasn't.
All-in-all, I would say it's a good dish. It's actually already gone.

Peanut butter pie update: Most got thrown away. Don't ask me to make you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment