Monday, January 3, 2011

Chicken Tetrazzini

Tonight I made Chicken Tetrazzini. For anyone following along, this is page 143 in the cookbook, and is the first recipe in the casserole section.  This is a casserole that I am very familiar with eating, as it is one of my favorites that my mom makes. The dish consists of spaghetti noodles, chicken, cream chicken soup, sour cream, mushrooms (which I did not add, yuk) and parmesan cheese. The recipe called for 4 chicken breasts, but I only used 2 because that is all I could fit on George Foreman. All in all I would call it a success. Nothing got burned and it tasted good going down. Next time I need to get an earlier start, as it was 10pm before I got to eat it.

1 comment:

  1. Casseroles are a good place to start. Pretty easy and a wide margin of error.

    While I wasn't there when you decided to do this, it doesn't seem to be quite keeping with the spirit of the challenge to leave things out or otherwise alter the recipe. If you make something a second time, I would say you can change whatever you want, but the first time I think you should trust your grandma and follow it to the letter. You never know what may be the key ingredient (like those delicious mushrooms)!

    ReplyDelete