Monday, January 3, 2011

The Idea

While at a New Year's Eve party discussing what a Tom and Jerry drink is with my cousin Jeff and my brothers, we soon found ourselves flipping through our late Grandma Zink's cookbook which has the recipe.  While flipping through the book of which I have only attempted to make a couple of the recipes, the idea came to me. For my New Year 2011, I will go through my grandma's cookbook and make each of the recipes.  Yes, I know it's the same premise of the movie Julie & Julia. As I go through this journey, I will blog my experience and share pictures. My original idea as I was sharing it at the New Years party was to cook each recipe in order.  After looking closer at the book I realized that it would probably be August before I would get any protein as the cookbook starts with Appetizers, Beverages, Breads & Rolls, Cakes, Candy, Cookies, and Deserts.  So, I have dropped the idea of cooking them in order and will start in the Casserole section. Oh, there is one more thing I should mention to you.... I am not a cook. I have used more than my fair share of the microwave, gone months without use of a stove, and been known for eating quick meals late at night. So, here's to you grandma! I hope you enjoy my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Steve! I absolutely love this. I am happy to have discovered it and wish you well on this journey. Perhaps you can share some of these recipes. Some of these dishes look pretty tasty.

    Justin B.

    ReplyDelete