Monday, January 31, 2011

Chocolate Crunch

Well, last night I made the Chocolate Crunch desert on page 101.  All-in-all, I would NOT call it a success.  The desert has oats on the bottom layer with melted chocolate chips above and chopped walnuts on top.  The ingredients are; butter, light corn syrup, salt, vanilla, brown sugar, rolled oats, semisweet chocolate pieces, and chopped walnuts.

The desert I made is not very thick. I was expecting consistency closer to a brownie. The oats on the bottom did not hold together very well. So, if you are supposed to be able to eat this like a brownie, mine is something different.  You better use a spoon or eat it with the chocolate side down if expect to get this to your mouth without losing it... So, now I am questioning whether I really put 4 cups of oats in mine or if I only put 3... I doubled checked the size of pan to make this in, and I got that correct.

Oh well, it doesn't taste bad. All the ingredients are in there. It's too rich for my liking.
The plan was to make this for the Zink Hall on Tuesday night, but since that has been canceled due to the coming ice storm, it will now sit in my kitchen. If you want some, come pick it up.

Taco Salad Update: I was able to get through all of the taco salad I made last week. It made for some good lunches. Note: if you are not going to eat it all in one sitting, don't add the chips all at once. They get soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment