Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sausage and Egg Casserole

Tonight I made page 144, Sausage and Egg Casserole. I have eaten other egg casseroles made by family members, but I don't remember eating this one. Ingredients are; eggs, milk, shredded cheese, bread, salt, dry mustard, and sausage. My kitchen is not equipped with dry mustard, nor do I know what it is, so I didn't add that. Grandma wants the bread to be cubed, and I interpreted that as ripping the bread into pieces. Also, it calls for Bulk Sausage, which again I do not know what that is. I used regular sausage that I cut into pieces. I think if I were to make this again I would toast the bread before baking to try to make it a little harder and less soggy. My aunt makes an egg casserole each year for Christmas brunch and hers has croƻtons instead of bread, which I think has a better texture. The recipe made more than I can handle, as this picture only shows 2/3rds of what I have. I guess I will be sharing... Also, the next page of the cookbook has another sausage and egg casserole. So, for my cholesterol sake I think I will be skipping that page for now and go back to it later.

Chicken Tetrazzini update: I have had it for one dinner and two lunches, 2/3rds of the pan left. Recipe says it can be frozen and used anytime...That sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment